Let Nature Coast Plumbing take care of it for you
As part of our Solar Hot Water Service we will take the head ache out of claiming rebates. Let NCP do the paperwork for you and claim your rebate upfront to reduce the initial cost of your new hot water service.
This could save you on the up to $ 1450 upfront purchase of a solar hot water system.
CLAIM STC CREDITS FOR SOLAR HOT WATER SYSTEMS
Water heating is the largest single source of greenhouse gas emissions from the average Australian home, accounting for around 23 per cent of household emissions. Installing a climate friendly hot water system can save a family hundreds of dollars off their energy bills each year.
FINANCIAL INCENTIVES FOR SOLAR PANELS
Solar panel systems are entitled to a number of small-scale technology certificates (STCs) if the system is eligible. This is based on the amount of electricity in megawatt hours (MWh) the system generates over the course of its lifetime. In addition, your system may be eligible for Solar Credits which multiplies the number of STCs the system can receive.ater heating is the largest single source of greenhouse gas emissions from the average Australian home, accounting for around 23 per cent of household emissions. Installing a climate friendly hot water system can save a family hundreds of dollars off their energy bills each year.
HOW TO GET A FINANCIAL INCENTIVE UP FRONT
Once the installation of your solar panel system is complete you can assign your STCs to Nature Coast Plumbing in exchange for a financial incentive such as a discount off the invoice. This is completed by signing an STC Assignment Form.
The financial incentive is usually based on the STC price at the time. The price of STCs fluctuates depending on supply and demand. In most cases STCs are traded at less than $40 in the STC market.
This could save you on the up to $ 1450 upfront purchase of a solar hot water system
ELIGIBILITY & KEY CRITERIA TO STC
- Solar water heater or heat pump installations are eligible if the system is new and listed in the Register of Solar Water Heaters managed by the Clean Energy Regulator.
- Small-scale solar, wind and hydro systems are eligible if:
- the system is new;
- its components are listed in the Clean Energy Council list of accredited components;
- it is installed correctly by a Clean Energy Council accredited installer;
- it is installed on an eligible premises (only required if claiming Solar Credits); and
- it complies with all local, State, and Federal requirements for its type of installation.
- Documentation for small-scale systems, demonstrating compliance with the legislated requirements, must be completed and signed by the owner, installer, and/or Registered Agent (as appropriate), and able to be produced if requested by the Clean Energy Regulator.
- A Registered Agent is eligible to create STCs if the owner has correctly signed over the certificates to them and this signed documentation can be provided to the Clean Energy Regulator.
- Go to Hot Water System Information